Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Solo Leveling: Arise End of Summer and Four Months of Play

They're about to make some changes and there is a live broadcast in 2.5 hours.  The chat seemed pretty serious about the little girl characters not being appropriate.  It's ridiculous how most of these freemium games are pushing Objectifaction of females, but children should be off-limits.  Every time I play Giant Arachnid with Amamiya Mirei, I'm surprised to see up her skirt when the Giant Arachnid rises from the playing floor.

 


 It feels like a short time and there have been a lot of changes.  When I got my hands on the game, it felt familiar to Hoyoverse Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail.  Many of the items have different names but have similar mechanisms.

The most unusual aspect of the game is the character level.  You earn it by playing.  There is no Trial of Equilibrium or facing a beast of the correct kind to receive the leftovers once it is defeated.  You just play and claim funds and play more.

This is where I am:

Character level 78
Reputation level 43
Battle Tier 20, 288,256
Mining Team Level 24 127/1000
Difficulty 22

Chapter 18 on Normal
Chapter 11 on Hard
Chapter 3 on Reverse

Challenges Chapter 16

That's decent.  I look at CM Prizm with everything at maximum and I feel okay because I worked to get this far.  You can't cheat to accomplish the story levels.  There are no tricks.  I'm sure people pay loads to get the correct weapons that I'm getting more slowly.

I have spent some money, but nothing on the scale that I've seen Genshin Impact players spend.  One person I know spent US$200+ and I was shocked.  I haven't spent anything and I'm at AR 43 now.  It's similar to how I have dealt with Honkai: Star Rail, except that my characters are all at level 80, with decent Light Cones, etc.  I didn't think that I could get to maximum without spending money, but it's possible.


I know that getting from Character level 78 to 85 will be more challenging.  I'm on Story Chapter 18 and it seems to end at Chapter 20 so far.  Difficulty 22 has been difficult enough and I'm not as good with the ice bears on A-rank red gates and I haven't played an S-rank red gate for a while because it just isn't working for me.  I should be playing a higher difficulty but until I can do better, I'm being more cautious.  What's strange is that on the red gates, I'm on manual control and the game still seems to be controlling the player somewhat.

I have all but five of the SSR-ranked characters.  I have all of the SR-ranked characters, working to get all of the exclusive weapons crafted.  The Summer edition helped with great characters and weapons for free.

I've been lucky to draw the best stuff.  For Sung Jinwoo, I was using SR-ranked and R-ranked weapons up until Character level 25 but it's better now, with an SSR-ranked weapon in each category.  It's good to have two SSR-ranked fire element weapons when dealing with the ice bears.  Most of the SSR-ranked weapons have skills up to level 5 and even to level 6 on some skills.  That's too low, I'm sure, but that's why Difficulty 22 is where I'll be for a while.  Getting the level 78 artifacts will have to wait.

Upgrading skills has been expensive in terms of resources.  I'm sure I could do better if I spent actual money on what I need.  I always try to spread the resources to the three (sometimes, six) Hunters I feel can do the most good.  Giving resources to Hunters that have little chance of winning doesn't make sense.

Time to Play

I've been playing for almost one hour.  First thing I've noticed is that I have to click/tap 3 times to get the interface to respond.  I appreciate the maintenance compensation and the codes to redeem, but why make the game perform more poorly?

Having developed business software, language translators, and more, I know that you get it going correctly, first.  Then, you take the time to make it better.  In a year, it will be as smooth as melted butter but I'm playing now.

At least, when playing Gates, it seems about the same as previous versions.  Hopefully, that will be the same for the biggest bosses.

Did anyone get anything useful out of the weapons draw coupon?  I salvaged the whole lot.  Those Hunter weapons needed leveling up, so it wasn't all bad.  Hopefully, I will have all the SSR-ranked Hunter weapons to level 80 within the next two weeks.

Reputation level is 44 now.

Update 2024.09.12: Character level is 79 as of this morning.  I raised my Difficulty level to 23 but will probably raise that to 24 this evening.  I'm not pushing enough to get the better artifacts.  There was a box of level 78 artifacts waiting for me, but I could only choose 1 of the 8 available.

Update 2024.09.13: There was another box of level 78 artifacts waiting for me.  Hopefully, there will be six more and I will get the whole set.  Do I change Sung Jinwoo out of the summer sets of artifacts?

Does Manage Teams work correctly for anyone else?  I changed the teams to reflect fire, wind, water, etc. and I changed Sung Jinwoo's weapons to match the Hunters but the weapons are changed everywhere.

While working with teams, my Battle Tier was increased to level 21.

Update 2024.09.14: The next set of artifacts box was available.  Now, I have 3 of the 8 in the set.  I will wait patiently.  Lots of little changes but the annoying delays need something to be fixed.  Clicking/tapping up to 5 times to do anything is too much.

Update 2024.09.15: Another artifact box was available.  They all say "Greed" but do they all match?  Reputation level is up to 45.

Update 2024.09.16: Character level is 80.  That was the original limit.  It's also the limit in Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail.  Now, the limit is 90 for Solo Leveling: Arise.  Given that there are no tests or special items to use to rise to this level, does it matter?  Is it just another number?

Update 2024.09.19: The game had a promotion to craft some level 78 artifacts of the kind they gave away.  I had the Boots and Gloves of the Burning Greed, so I crafted the Helmet and Body Armor of the same type.  Unfortunately, I don't know whether I'll get the other pieces of the Burning Greed or fill the extra artifacts of the Burning Curse or the Burning Blessing.  I have some of those.

I've been trying to handle everything in the game and that's just not possible.  I had my birthday yesterday, so I just did as much as I could after going out to eat.  The Guild requires a lot to finish the daily requirements.  I haven't finished the whole set since last week.

The game seems overly buggy right now.  I've seen some small updates, but nothing to take care of the 3-5 clicks/taps problem I have.  I can hope, though.

In the middle of Challenges Chapter 15, I'm making progress.  It requires many of the Reverse Story episodes.  Challenges shows you every corner of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment