Saturday, July 6, 2024

Sword Chronicles: Awaken for seven months

 I've been playing Sword Chronicles: Awaken since the end of 2023.  I just hit level 100 today.

I changed my Japanese name to the Chinese equivalent.

 

 (Contrast that to Black Clover M where I'm still at level 25 with a load of characters at maximum levels and struggling to finish Chapter 5. I started both the same week.)

Sword Chronicles: Awaken takes place in feudal China, mentioning the Han dynasty, which is supposedly the best era for China, so my buddy named Han says.

The main character is given a Divine Weapon and very little else.  He meets various characters, ranked R to UR, that help him.  He eventually gets six characters to fight in a group as his soldiers.  You upgrade their gear, as you upgrade your Divine Weapons.  Later, you can upgrade the characters themselves.

There is a lot of automation available, depending on your level.  I've done it this way so long, I'm not sure I could work the manual controls quickly.  Around level 75, the Hare Assistant started helping me handle a lot of functions that I might not have even found.

 

Now, I have eight Divine Weapons, three pets, 71 characters of which five are ranked UR, two are ranked R, and the rest are SSR, many because of upgrades--awakening.  I only got one UR character SP Zhao Yun from the draw/pull.  Characters come with their own weapons.

Building characters in your squad takes time.  Building gear takes resources and time.



 Divine weapons have powerful graphic animation.



 

I not only have the typical track, Main Story, but also Elite since around account level 60.  If I'm stuck on one, I can usually get through the other.  However, I can go a couple of days without progress.  The Power of Fate is useful in making sure every character is productive and safe.  I'm now at level 35.




I've actually made it to level 102 since then.  I haven't upgraded my title, as I need to buy more of the Ultra Edict.  Gacha gotcha.  I don't remember if I ever spent real money on this.  There are other games out there that concentrate on good boobs and nothing else.  This has a story throughout the chapters.  There are recreational situations that get you closer to the heroes, such as feasts and hot springs.

Update 2024.07.30: The one year anniversary business keeps me guessing.  I'm trying just to increase everything and continue upward with bigger numbers.  I'm still getting a few defeats but many victories.  I think I'm at level 106 now.  I'm still confused about how to do some things or find some resources.  Regardless, it's not as bad as Black Clover M.

No comments:

Post a Comment