Friday, October 20, 2023

Killed my Corsair M55 RGB Pro playing Genshin Impact and more

 I'm a bit tough on my mouse.  Over the years, I've settled on Logitech Trackman Marble when I want to work.  I'm always a bit short on desk space.  Besides, that first Trackman that hung on the edge of my laptop computer keyboard in 1990 was something special.  It should have been for US$159.99.

These days, I wouldn't think of spending so much.  So, when I was having trouble with my Corsair M55 RGB Pro, I looked for something different.  Corsair has a lot of complaints, for whatever reason.  The iCue software was a pain and the mouse would just not connect at times.  Pulling the plug and re-inserting would get it going.  I chose it after having a disastrous end to my Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury mouse I had that suddenly stopped working.  I got it on sale at Target and with a Team Member discount + Red Card discount, it was a decent deal.

In any case, I've been having problems with the Corsair mouse since I started playing Genshin Impact.  The more intense the battles, the less it responded.  Then, last night, the left mouse button collapsed and broke.  I got out my trusty Trackman Marble and continued.



I had just ordered another mouse from Newegg--an ASUS ROG Strix Impact III mouse that wasn't expensive.  Obviously, it was going to take longer than I had. This morning, I walked to Walmart to pick up a Steelseries Rival 3.

The Rival 3 is a decent mouse with a big light show.  It's small and light and the grip is good.  It's not only compatible with the Windows machine but with the Mac.  If I ever get a desktop setup for my Steam Deck, it might go well with that, also.  The price is right.

I can't imagine that I'd be happy spending $159.99 again and finding that my mouse was broken.   I'm sure that the expensive kind break, even if they do it less frequently.  The e-gamers certainly don't have to worry too much about spending that money once they're well known, right?

In any case, I'm back in business.  I need to remove the iCue software.  I already had the Steelseries software for one of their wireless game controllers, so it was easy to switch.  Hopefully, the Rival 3 can stand up to Genshin Impact's impact.

Update 2023.10.23: The ASUS mouse arrived and it's quite good, except that there is no application for settings.  The DPI setting uses a control on the underside of the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment