Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Found a photo of mine used for advertising

It's not that often that my photos are used for advertising.  When they are, I'm paid for my work, and it's all out in the open ahead of time.

Tonight, I got the local, slick advertising magazine with one of my photos.  Unfortunately, they didn't ask me about it.  They even incorrectly identified it as being on TripAdvisor, where it is not.

I have a rather unique photo of an arch for a high school that was never built.  The arch is in Hayes Arboretum in Richmond, Indiana.  You can see it here: www.yelp.com/biz/hayes-regiona…

I was shocked to see the photo in the local glossy advertising magazine, with "Photo Courtesy of TripAdvisor.com", especially since the photo isn't on TripAdvisor--I would have put it there.

They clearly took it, didn't remember where they got it, and didn't bother to message me.

If they would have asked, I'd likely have sent them a small copy of it.  I suggested to earlier editors that they could use my Madonna of the Trail statue photos, but they still haven't responded after almost 1 year.

Yes, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on, but still, I'm not pleased.






Update 2014.03.22: I was glad to see a correction in the latest issue of their advertiser, giving me credit for my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment