Sunday, June 23, 2013

Home again, Home again, jiggity jig

That's something my parents used to say, though I don't know why.

I hope you're all having a great weekend.  It's almost finished and I've spent a lot of it driving, some of it eating, some of it sleeping, and too much of it complaining.  :-D

I really miss Philly, but I'm not missing the drivers along the way.  It's no wonder there is a law in Florida about camping in the passing lane.  So many people are oblivious on the road.  The worst was a business van for Automation Logistics--from Florida.  Of course, I remember the traffic reports in Philly where they said "check your rear view mirror.", which I thought was silly since everyone should be doing that already.  What did I know about driving?  :-D  (It's about the same as I know now--you need to pay attention to the driving.)

Pennsylvania has the most gorgeous scenery, no matter what people say about Vermont, Colorado, or Oregon.  Pennsylvania, especially eastern PA, has great food.  I would say that food from Philly, New Jersey, and New York is the best in the country overall, but you can find specific dishes is various parts of the country that have no equal.

When I was leaving on Saturday morning, I found another filling station and they had a good number of diesel pumps, which is important since the car takes diesel fuel.  After that, I headed to Wawa, the convenience store (they don't sell diesel apparently), and filled up on iced tea, and got a double pretzel.  I feel like such a glutton.

More later...unpacking to do.

The midwest is so full of wonder, such as, I wonder what I'm doing here or I wonder why the family wanted to move here or I wonder why this area is so backward.  Oops, did I say all that?  There are a lot of great people here, but they're not where I am.

I was so happy to have spent time and money to return some eastern Pennsylvania goodies to a couple of people I know here because they ripped open the bags without "thank you" or "these are good" or anything to signal that my effort was appreciated.  I'm glad I didn't spend bunches of money.  It's been almost 4 days since then, and still nothing.  It makes me wonder about humanity's future.

In any case, I've returned to being my unsettled self, unfortunately.  I'm just not good here.  Maybe, I can use that discomfort to finish my house and get it sold.

The heat is good but the migraines (again) are not.  At least, we're having enough rain to keep away the brown grass and drought conditions of last year about this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment